My Summer Reading

Hi! Today I’m going to talk about my summer reading for my L.A. class. We did a few project for th ebook book we read. The book we read was Finding Someplace. This book was written by Denise Lewis Patrick.

(Picture taken by me – Kashish)

One project we did was we called our Backpack Project. It’s is related to our summer reading book because in the book, Reesie Boone has to evacuate for the hurricane and she has to take important and sentimental items with her. This project made us draw the items we would want to take in one backpack (like Reesie) if we had to evacuate.

(Picture taken by me – Kashish)

Another project we did was called our Hero Essay. Our Hero Essays were about who we thought was the hero in the book Finding Someplace by Denise Lewis Patrick. I wrote about the old next door neighbor, Ms. Martine. What I loved about this project was that there was no right answer other than including your reasoning. We were allowed to be creative and have fun. It actually taught me that I should probably think a little more and maybe even write down some notes about the thoughts I have about future books and storyies I read. I am going to write my Hero Essay down below in another paragragh if you want to read it.

I think that Ms. Martine is the hero of Finding Someplace. I feel like this because she has inspired Reesie with her books. It showed Reesie that Ms. Martine is a very exceptional woman with all the accomplishments that she has made. Reesie also learned from her that she is a very caring person by letting Reesie stay in her house until her father could come and pick her up. The book also states that Ms. Martine loves to tend to her garden which is a productive activity and she helps her community by baking tasty treats for them. Ms. Martine is very brave and phenomenal by staying calm and making sure that Reesie was feeling as safe and comfortable as she can. That is why I feel that Ms. Simone Martine is the hero of the book Finding Someplace. Overall, I think that Ms. Martine is a good role model to all young children because she is always on the hunt to spread kindness or inspire another person.

That is my essay and I hope you liked the projects about our summer reading. Thank you.